USAREUR Driver’s License

Driver’s License Requirements for all Germany Assignments
Drivers MUST now have a U.S. Army Europe license to drive in Germany, no exception. An international driver’s license alone is not an acceptable option to operate any rental car on the installation.

All MFLCs on assignment in Germany who require driving privileges:

  • Must take the HQ USAREUR driver’s test
  • Must have a valid US driver’s license (not provisional or restricted)
  • Must be 17 years old or older
  • Must have eye exam if 65 years or older
  • Must have a debit or credit card for $10.00 NO CASH

Note: While Non-CAC Card Holders may not at this time be eligible to take the USAREUR license test they are expected to study and prepare before the start of their assignment.

Where can I study?
To study online or take practice tests use This site does not require a .mil account and is very user friendly.

Obtaining your German Driver’s License
Please be aware that this test can be challenging and it definitely requires studying. You will be expected to have an understanding of German road signs and rules.

Please talk to your Liaisons regarding next steps for obtaining your driver license on your specific assignment / installation.