The Healthy Base Initiative project was launched in 2013 to encourage a healthy and fit alternative to the trend toward obesity and tobacco use. MHN currently supports the Healthy Base Initiative at three locations: Fort Bragg, NC; Fort Sill, OK and Yokota Airbase.
The Healthy Base Initiative strives to:
- Promote a healthy and fit force, which is essential to national security
- Increase the awareness of the devastating impact of sedentary lifestyles and poor nutrition choices
- Empower the military community to make better nutritional choices, increase physical activity, decrease tobacco use and lose weight
- Provide a hands-on look at service-level innovations, which can be used to promote health and wellness best practices throughout the DoD
- Support Operation Live Well, a program aimed at making healthy living the easy choice and the social norm