A pop up warning went into effect last week designed to prevent very late forms from being submitted past 4 days of the encounter. The pop up requires the user to acknowledge that they are aware that the date they are choosing is beyond the normal “acceptable” time to submit forms.
Unfortunately, the pop up warning is appearing on forms that aren’t falling within ‘late’ timelines, as well. For example, an activity form submitted with today’s contact date received the pop up warning which should not have caused the pop up to appear. The web team is aware and working to resolve.
If you encounter this situation, please refresh the page by using the refresh icon – in IE 11 it is at the end of the address bar as shown or by pressing F5 when on that page. If refreshing the page does not fix the problem, please clear the cache and restart the browser.
To clear Chrome browser cache:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- On your browser toolbar, click More > More Tools > Clear Browsing Data.
- In the “Clear browsing data” box, click the checkboxes for Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Use the menu at the top to select the amount of data that you want to delete. Choose ‘beginning of time’ to delete everything.
Note: This option does not appear on all devices.
- Click Clear browsing data.
- If this does not work or if you use a different browser, please do a google search of “how to clear my browser” for the browser or computer being used (ie: How to clear my firefox browser cache).
To clear the cache on an iPad, please use the following instructions:
- From the Home screen, tap Settings.
- Tap Safari.
- To clear history: underneath the Privacy header, tap Clear History, confirm by again selecting Clear History.
Please note if clearing the cache does not work to eliminate the warning error, as long as the date is within the window, users should be able to click the ‘Select’ link and proceed to enter a form without the warning actually displaying.
As the situation progresses, this notice will continue to be updated.
Thank you for your patience as we work to resolve this web issue.