Please read the message below regarding an International Security Alert for Germany:
June 23rd, 2016
Due to a recent hostage situation in Viernheim, Germany, please be advised:
• On Thursday, June 23rd, 2016 at approximately 3:36 P.M. local time, a hostage situation was reported in Viernheim, Germany. German media reported that an armed man had entered a movie theater (Kinopolis Complex) in the southwestern town Viernheim. Reports indicate that there were 25 injuries sustained due to local law enforcement response. Media sources indicate the gunman has been shot and killed.
We currently have 72 MFLCs in Germany, the nearest residing in:
• Vogelweh, Germany (39.2 miles)
• USAG Rheinland-Pfalz, Germany (47.6 miles)
• Kapaun, Germany (49.2 miles)
• USAG Weidbaden (49.5 miles)
Recommended associate actions:
• Follow the instructions of local authorities in an emergency.
• Remain vigilant at all times.
• Stay away from large crowds.
• Monitor local media/United States Department of State website.
If you have questions or an emergency, contact the local US Embassy or Consulate (numbers provided below). The Centene Global Security Operation Center (GSOC) is available 24/7 for emergency updates or to help coordinate with local or International Embassies or Consulates. The phone number for the GSOC is (916) 935-2222.
The GSOC Team
US Consulate Frankfurt, Germany
Gießener Str. 30
60435 Frankfurt am Main
Federal Republic of Germany
American Citizen Service Unit
• Telephone number: (069) 7535-0
Emergency After Hours:
•If you are an American citizen with an after-hours emergency, such as the hospitalization, arrest, or death of an American citizen, please call (069) 7535-0 from within Germany. For calls from the U.S., please call 01149-69-7535-0.
To download this message in PDF format, click on the link below:
International Alert Germany 062316
To Check-in via the Toolkit Safety Check-in go here: